Welcome to Idola Phantasy Star Saga Tier List guide where we review and evaluate all the best units in Idola Phantasy Star Saga Tier List format.
The global release of Idola Phantasy Star Saga has finally arrived in both iOS and Android stores. This highly anticipated turn-based RPG uses features many unique systems such as the alignment system for Law and Chaos, a special PvP mode where you can turn into a huge boss and fight other players, as well as a unique and interesting story.
This article aims to answer players with the most important question – which units are the best in Idola Phantasy Star Saga? Because the game was previously available on JP servers, there has been a lot of new characters released that we most likely won’t see in global yet. Nevertheless, we’ve created this Idola Phantasy Star Tier List based on the JP servers.
Tier List Overview
Welcome to our Law/Chaos Unit Rankings. Here we will try to give a general view of how competitive every unit is. Our primary evaluation in this tier list is based on PvP, although being strong in PvP means that the unit performs really well in PvE too. Because units can be very different, we have created tier list subdivisions based on a role. If you’re a beginner, consider checking out our Reroll Guide for Global version.
We use these rankings in our Idola Phantasy Star Saga Tier List
- SS Tier – top of their roles, the best units that you can use in PvP and PvE
- S Tier – barely weaker units than SS Tier or require more advanced knowledge
- A Tier – very good units but get outperformed by higher tiers due to being outdated (based on JP server)
- B Tier – these units are barely good enough and should be replaced when possible
Below are the roles each unit belongs to:
- Damage Dealer – your main source of damage output, these units are all about producing big numbers
- Specialist – these units have some sort of utility, although, they can deal decent damage too
- Support – these units are strictly here to help others out
Because Idola Phantasy Star Saga uses an alignment system, each of our evaluations needs to be split into Law and Chaos. Even though there are Neutral units, they end up in either Law or Chaos as they are rarely good to use as Neutral. (but we have included some for very specific uses)
PLEASE NOTE: Idola Phantasy Star Saga Tier List is based on JP (Japanese) Server data and expert opinion we’ve gathered. Our inspiration for this tier list comes from Discord user whyyouhere#6969, so special thanks go to them!